Saturday, February 28, 2015

January/ February Blocks and a birthday.

Bee recaps for January (a bit late, not in finishing my blocks, just in sharing them).
Haven at do.good stitches
January
using this pattern
Aquas and grays

and February.
scrappy low volume, pinks and reds


If I'm keeping it real, I whined (to myself and maybe a little on IG) about the 81- 2.5" blocks that had to be cut for this months block. All scrappy (which in my case means rooting through my scrap bin, again). BUT, I did plow through and this block (is large) became one of my favorites so far. Heartfelt and seasonal and pretty. I cannot wait to see this quilt done. I mentioned to a bee mate that with some of the text print, it reminds me of love letters. Check out all those gorgeous blocks here.

And birthdays (Birthday Bandy)
January for Myra 
Sticking to 2015 sew my stash resolution I opted for some improv piecing (surprise) using colorful 100% cotton scraps and surrounding it with Kona snow. Added some of my inset seams in black. (For scale the inset seams are just over 1/8th of an inch wide). Cap it all off with color matched free motion and matchstick quilting using both Aurifil 100% cotton, 50 wt and Superior Metallic threads for a bit of sparkle.
pillow front
pillow back with hidden hot pink zipper
Zipper from zipit.
Some FMQ with matching Aurifil and Superior metallic threads

matching matchstick quilting and a inset seam
inset seam with right around 1/8th of an inch

front and back (Back/ binding fabric by IKEA)



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks and also a beautiful pillow cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the aqua and grey blocks. Thanks for the link. The quilt looks more intricate than the directions for the blocks.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….