Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Interesting intersections

February is Kari's month in Bee Sewcial and she has given us all a "posterly" Pinterest  inspiration for this month. Kari is a graphic designer and a friend and you should go see some of her ideas on her pinterest board.  You definitely should follow her on IG as she won 2 ribbons at QuiltCon for her amazing quilts. Her blog post and pinterest board set off a series sparks that lead me on a delightful creative burst. All blocks 11 x 17. All blocks made from Kona solid scraps from my personal "collection".

 Block #1

Block #2
a little bit of aqua background
Block 3#
remind you of anything????

Block #4
Last block- this was the one Kari chose
I don't normally make 4 blocks, but in the continuing spirit of using scraps, I ket going because it was also fun. Took 4 tries to get the one that appealed to Kari. I loved all the rich warm colors as well. This is going to be a beautiful quilt with some interesting intersections indeed.







7 comments:

  1. All of these blocks are gorgeous! I do think the last is my favorite- the dominant warm colors work together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these blocks are all amazing but I have to agree that the last one is my favorite as well. The warm colours give it an extra depth. Are you going to make more low volume blocks for a whole quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all little works of art. I especially like the all whitish one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love them all, this really makes me want to get out the scraps and start sewing...if only I didn't have three projects going right now and two more I need to start...plus my son is graduating and I want to make a quilt for him and a couple of his friends....Man- its stressing me out thinking about it! But I will keep this i mind, anyway. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love them all, this really makes me want to get out the scraps and start sewing...if only I didn't have three projects going right now and two more I need to start...plus my son is graduating and I want to make a quilt for him and a couple of his friends....Man- its stressing me out thinking about it! But I will keep this i mind, anyway. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't speak up, I won't know what's in your mind…….